What does the painting process entail? There are six basic steps:
- Glue on the fabric with Poly-Tak fabric cement; tighten it with the heat of a calibrated iron.
- Brush on a coat of Poly-Brush fabric sealer.
- Riblace, then apply gussets and finishing tapes with more Poly-Brush.
- Spray on two more coats of Poly-Brush.
- Spray on three cross coats of silver Poly-Spray to block ultraviolet radiation.
- Spray on three coats of top coat paint.
Total fabric and coating weight is about 60 pounds. For more information on the Poly Fiber process, visit http://polyfiber.com/stits/.